Executive Assistant/ Development Associate
Young Advocates for Fair Education (Yaffed) is hiring an Executive Assistant to work out of our New York City office. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with an anticipated start date in March 2018. Yaffed is a young organization and the right candidate will have the opportunity to grow with the organization.
Yaffed’s mission is to improve secular education in Hasidic and ultra-Orthodox Yeshivas that are not meeting state standards. Currently, tens of thousands of students attending these Yeshivas in New York are being denied a basic education in subjects such as social studies and science. Most high school students attending these Yeshivas receive no secular education at all.
The Executive Assistant will report to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and confirming appointments and speaking engagements for the Executive Director
- Supporting Executive Director’s activities including community organizing, awareness-raising, and legislative advocacy
- Drafting and editing communications materials
- Conducting prospect research on individual donors and foundations
- Corresponding with donors and stakeholders
- Writing and submitting funding proposals and reports
- Assisting in the planning and execution of community and fundraising events
- Creating and distributing email and mail invitations and managing RSVPs
Education: BA required
Experience: 1-3 years relevant work experience
Other required skills and abilities:
- Superb writing skills
- Superb communication skills
- Research skills
- Public speaking skills a plus
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with Judaism and ultra-Orthodoxy a plus
- Understanding of Hasidism a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite; experience using databases (CRM especially NationBuilder a plus)
- Ability to travel (<10%) for meetings and conferences several times per year
Salary $40,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience
Benefits include paid vacation and health insurance.
Yaffed is an equal-opportunity employer.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please submit a resume, cover letter and writing sample (examples can include op-eds, blog posts, grant proposals, marketing materials or a research paper you’ve written) to email@example.com. Only applications containing all required materials will be reviewed.